
In the Heart of Terror
It seems as if everyone who has gone camping has an adventure story. Well, here’s mine.
I put out my sleeping bag one night in Tochal mountain, a beautiful and exciting place for camping. I climbed into the sleeping bag and as it was a cool night, I covered my head with the end of it. Then I went to sleep and can you imagine how I was awakened early the next morning? Someone or something was pushing very gently on my sleeping bag. Then I heard breathing. “It must be a deer.” I thought. “If I stay very quite and move slowly, I’ll be able to open the sleeping bag and see what’s going on.”
So I looked out very carefully, but I was just shocked cause what I saw was not what I had expected to see. One meter away from the end of my sleeping bag, were two large, hairy, brown paws with the longest, sharpest claws I had ever seen. That’s all I could see through the small opening at the end of my sleeping bag.
Well, what do you do when a huge bear is sniffing at your sleeping bag? “Maybe it’ll go away if I just don’t move” This is one of the frightening thoughts that came to my mind at that time. So I stayed very quite, almost afraid to breathe.
A moment later, one foot disappeared from my view through the opening in the sleeping bag. A second later it had reappeared within two centimeters of my nose. And then the other foot followed to complete this exciting scene. Obviously this animal was not going to leave quickly. Did I smell good for breakfast or it was just curiousity of the bear that make it come seeing me?
Suddenly, the sniffing got louder, and the pushing on the sleeping bag got stronger. The sniffing was at my head now can you imagine? I couldn’t stay where I was any longer and I couldn’t get out of the sleeping bag so I made a quick move to the side, and at that moment its jaws closed loudly, biting deep into the sleeping bag where my head had just been.
I shouted! Yeah, I shouted as loud as possible. And the bear ran away. I guess it really was just curious and not hungry. But I was almost a good breakfast for the bear anyway!!

3 Comments:
Very exciting story, full of interesting details and suspense! Are there truly bears in Tochal Mountains? :-)
I don't know if there is truly bear there because this story is developed by my imagination.
thanks for your kind words.:)
loOol
Post a Comment
<< Home